The Federal Skilled Worker Program of the Government of Canada is a program focused on gifted workers with foreign work experience and qualifications who are interested in moving to Canada for all time with their loved ones. The Skilled Worker immigration programs are super permanent resident programs where successful candidates get Canadian long-lasting permanent status.
The Canadian Federal Skilled Workers program expects that candidates be profoundly gifted in a popular occupation and meet the specified models as expected by the handling office.
To be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program offered by the Government of Canada, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Skilled work experience: You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in the TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- Language ability: You must show that you meet or exceed the language threshold of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 with test results from an IRCC-designated language testing organization.
- Education: You must provide either a Canadian educational credential or a foreign educational credential with an Educational Credential Assessment report for immigration purposes from a designated organization to prove that your overseas diploma, degree, or certificate is equivalent to a completed Canadian educational credential. (Points will be awarded based on the completed Canadian educational credential or the value of the foreign educational credential in Canadian standards).
If you meet all the minimum requirements, your application will be assessed based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.
If you meet all the minimum requirements, your application will be assessed based on:
- work experience
- whether you have a valid job offer
- English and/or French language skills
- adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle in Canada).
These requirements are part of a 100-point grid used to assess eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. You earn points for how well you do in each of the 6 factors. The current pass mark is 67 points.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Federal Skilled Worker Program of the Government of Canada 2023/24 are to ensure that they submit their profile using the official submission portal. Applicants will be required to get the following documents ready before submission:
- A passport or travel document
- Language test results
- Proof of Canadian education or an educational credential assessment report
- Provincial nomination (if you have one)
- Written job offer from an employer in Canada
- Proof of funds